Thursday, February 16, 2012

All The Pretty Colors

        One of my favorite artist that is still alive is Jerome Tupa. He is traveling monk that paints his pilgrimages. I first saw his work in Naples, FL. The thing that struck me the most was the joyous  and uplifting feeling I got from looking at his painting. I've always loved every media of art and was an avid painter. My art teacher use to get on to me about using too many vivid colors in my paintings. Mr. Boland informed that to make something pop you needed  mostly muted colors. Here was an artist that did not primarily mute his colors and did it quite successfully.


      His style is playful and somewhat reminiscent of Dr. Seuss.

   
My favorite works of his are the oil. This is mostly due to them having the most color. His perspective is unquie and creative. Sometimes we don't need to be around the muted to be seen.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"-Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment