Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Beginning. . .

I created a blog to help with my journey through life. I wanted a place where I could house collective wisdom and advice I've received over the years. It was also created so that if I ever have children it's a way for them to understand me in a way I wish I could have understood my parents and grandparents. If I ever lose sight of who I am; it will help me find my way back...


I come from a long line trailblazers who showed immense amount of character and determination. One story that particularly moves me is of my great grandfather who has a doctorate degree when moving to the United States and only found work sweeping the floor of a deli. He eventually bought that deli after a number of years. I find this relevant in 2012 because of the recession and so many people having to work jobs that are drastically beneath their previous occupation. It has taught me not to judge myself on my current job but by my determination and aspiration to move forward. Failure is always accomplishable but no reward is as great as trying, following through, and succeeding. . . it's the stuff dreams were made for. . .


"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence."
General Colin Powell, my 5th grade write-in for President.





It's important to remember that you have a unique voice... just because others have struggled less or more does not unvalidate your life expereinces...


http://youtu.be/qM-gZintWDc


The link above is to one of my all time favorite movie scenes, The Park Scene, in Good Will Hunting. I don't believe in feeling pressure in knowing exactly what I want to be as long as I do everything to the best of my ability. 



No comments:

Post a Comment